The repository comes preconfigured with the following test dependencies to allow the quick authoring of unit tests:
- JUnit5 framework for writing unit tests.
- Mockito for quickly mocking types and verifying invocations.
- Hamcrest for more descriptive assertions.
- Guava TestLib which contains many useful testing utilities.
- Log4J 2.x with SLF4J bindings, to allow test code to log.
In addition, each microservice added to the repository comes with a bare-bones
which can be enhanced to test the service’s Kafka Streams topology, making use of: