On this page you’ll find tutorials to lead you through the different aspects and features of Creek. New tutorials will be added over time, so check back in occasionally for updates.
Kafka Streams tutorials
Quick-start tutorial series
Basic Kafka Streams
Get your head around the basics of what Creek is all about. In this tutorial you will learn about:
- Using the aggregate-template to bootstrap new aggregate repositories and services.
- Defining service descriptors, including inputs and output topics.
- Writing a simple Kafka Streams topology using Creek.
- Writing system testing & unit tests.
- Debugging your service code running inside a Docker container.
- Capturing code coverage metrics.
Learn how to use the outputs of one service as the inputs to another, within the same aggregate. In this tutorial you will learn about:
- Linking services together within the same aggregate.
- Writing system tests that test the combined functionality of multiple services.
Defining aggregate APIs
Learn how to define the API an aggregate exposes to the world, encapsulating the services within. In this tutorial you will learn about:
- Defining an aggregate’s api in an aggregate descriptor.
- Integrating with systems that don’t use, or predate, Creek.
- Integrating with other Creek based aggregates.
- Publishing the api.
- Data Products.
- Managing API and schema evolution.
Other Kafka Streams tutorials
Kafka Streams: State stores and repartition topics
Learn how to define the metadata for Kafka Stream state stores and repartition topics.