Put simple, Creek helps users and organisations quickly develop business functionality, utilising a microservice architecture, running on top of Apache Kafka® and other external services.
If you’re new to Creek, then we’d suggest one of these approaches to getting started, Ordered by simplicity, with the easiest at the top:
- Try out a tutorial. The recommended quick-start tutorial series would be:
- Basic Kafka Streams Tutorial
- Kafka Streams Connecting Services Tutorial
- Kafka Streams Aggregate API tutorial.
or head on over to the Tutorials page for a full list, or
- Use a template repository: Dive into the Creek aggregate template repository. Let the template do all the hard work of bootstrapping and configuring a new repository, ready to develop, build and test your microservices, (how to use the template repo is covered in the Basic Kafka Streams Tutorial), or
- Create your own template repository: Clone and customise the Creek aggregate template repository, to better meet your organisations needs.
- Wait for docs: Wait for use to get around to writing docs for manually adding Creek to a repository.
- Unpick the aggregate template: Use the Creek aggregate template repository as documentation of how to manually add Creek to an existing project.